Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day 2016

Every year we recognize and pay tribute to our Fallen Heroes on Memorial Day. Most of us have had a loved one or family member that has served and gave. All gave some, and some gave all. We are grateful for our Freedom in our Country. You are free to have family gatherings and BBQ's in your back yards, pay tributes in parades and festivals. Our streets and back roads are decorated with Ole Glory waving high. Some of us visit cemeteries and put place flowers & flags on loved ones burial sites. Today I paid my respects to the Veteran's portion of the local Cemeteries and Memorial Gardens. I came across a young Killdeer Mother bird on guard. Her nest was directly between two Memorial stones. I was surprised she let me get so close. The sun was in my eyes and as I crawled closer, I realized she was protecting 4 eggs. Take a moment and give Thanks to our Fallen Heroes, the ones that paid the sacrifices, and protects our Country so you can enjoy your Freedom.
Freedom is not Free!




No comments:

Post a Comment