Thursday, July 14, 2016

1 wish, 7 wonders, 7 days

Seven wonders for seven days...The anniversary week of my Mother passing I was bringing in groceries and admiring my gardens. I looked around and asked' "Lord, where are all the butterflies this year?" It's summer and I haven't really photographed much of them. I placed the groceries on the kitchen table like I always do and when I came back outside, Lord and behold, there in my garden was a beautiful Swallowtail Butterfly! Wow! Nothing like a "Ask & yee shall receive!" I must have spent about an hour photographing the butterfly and being grateful for all I have. The next afternoon I was surprised again by a different butterfly, this time a dark black swallowtail, not so perfect, but perfect for me being two days in row!. My week continued all in the same manner...every day, every afternoon, for not one, not two, not three, but for seven days in a row a beautiful butterfly or moth came into my garden for me to enjoy and photograph. Some allow me to get close, or place their tiny legs on my fingers, others not so much, staying their distance but keeping me in sight.  Each one was different, some perfect, some not so perfect with torn wings. How some stay so balanced in flight with ripped wings is beyond me, much like us people, with scars but carrying on. But my week, was perfect. I miss my Mom. Together we would collect butterflies, read about them and even collect the caterpillars to watch the winged wonders hatch from their cocoons. We would watch the butterflies dance and fly away free leaving us with the magic and wonder of nature. Thank you Mom, I know you are here in spirit, Thank you Lord.
Since there are so many butterflies and moths that I photographed, I felt a video would be more appropriate. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment