Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Annual Tree Frog

I grow Morning Glories that seem to attract at least one 4 webbed visitor each year. This year was no different but to my surprise the location was a bit different. Do tree frogs like water?
I came home and stepped out of my truck hearing a very loud and proud tree frog. I thought, ok, wow, it's in my garden with the morning glories as usual. But the loud croaking seemed closer. As I walked towards the loud singing, I realized it had to be close to if not IN the water fountain! I guess if I were a tree frog on a hot summer night, I'd be sitting on the edge of a water fountain too! Something about relaxing and listening to the flow of water..... I moved my fountain last week to be centered in my perennial garden, where I not only spend all my time, but where I can also keep a close eye on it for maintaining and keeping it full due to the high heat this summer. So of course, I'm thinking this is a good photo op as I quickly drop my purse and get my cell phone in position before it disappears into the night. I was able to get a couple photo's before it discontinued it's song and hopped off the fountain some where's into the garden for safe hiding. Usually, my visiting tree frogs hang around for about a week.  I'm hopeful I'll have another opportunity during day light for more photo's.  Until then, this is my evening's serenader!


No comments:

Post a Comment